We aim to cater for the needs of all who visit The Warwick. We have 10 guest bedrooms over 2 floors, 6 of which are on the first floor with a further 4 on the 2nd floor. 7 of these rooms are family rooms all rooms have En-Suite with Shower and 3 are private facilities one being a bathroom. The following statement is a summary of our provision.
• We can be found right in the town centre of Southport.
• 5 mins walk from local buses.
• 7 mins from a main line railway station.
• There are a number of local taxi services that have accessible taxis if required. We can supply contact numbers so that you may make a
booking if required.
• Our website - www.TheWarwickSouthport.co.uk - provides pictures of a selection of our guest rooms and further information about the services we provide.
• You can book online.
• Brochures and menus can be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
• Shop mobility scheme is operated and is located in the town centre details upon request.
• Radar toilets are in several locations in the town centre.
• You can contact us by telephone, text or e-mail. Please see the contact Information section of this document for full details.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time, so that we can be sure we are here to welcome and assist you.
• On arrival, we ask all guests to call at the front entrance a bell is on the right handside.
• The Car Park (is flat and made up of flags) is free and accommodates up to 8 cars, on a first come basis. Guest with walking difficulties would be given priority.
• Pay and display parking is very close by.
• The car park covered by 24 hrs CCTV.
• From the car park there are 4 steps up to the front patio seating area, then a further 3 ( all approx) to the porch door both sets of steps have metal handrails.
• All signage and notices are of large clear print.
• We are able to assist guests with luggage and offer an aid to them if this is required.
• A 24 hr contact number is displayed both inside and out, and in the guest books which are in all rooms.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• Once at the main front door the reception hall, dining and lounge are all on one level.
• The front door is always locked but once you have checked in your electronic key gives you access to the front door your room door and lounge door at all times and restricted access to the dining room.
• All keys are touch proximity locks and meet current disability regulations.
• On arrival, guests are required to complete our registration form (large print is available upon request) this can be done in the lounge were guests can be seated in comfort and are then shown to their rooms and our facilities are explained.
• Seating is provided in our entrance hall.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• All public corridors and landings have automatic lighting which activates 24hrs.
• All areas are carpeted except for the En-Suites and the private facilities which have tiles or lino.
• The first lift of 13 stairs have a wide tread and a shallow rise with a handrail to the left and a dado rail to the right, a further step leads to the Shower room for bedroom 4 and to bedroom 1.
• Turning left on a half landing there are a further 6 steps the same size as the first rise bedrooms 2,3,4,5,6 are all situated on this landing.
• Turning left on again there are a further 10 of standard gauge to the next half landing then 7 more the same gauge.
• There are 2 fire doors with closures one at the top of the first rise of stairs the other at the start of the second landing.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• The lounge situated on the ground floor off the main hall has leather couches and several leather armchairs, their are sitting armchairs with a good level of support and another in the entrance hall.
• Low level lighting, brighter high level lighting is switched on by the lounge door.
• We do not have are bar licence as yet but a fridge is provided for guests to put there own drinks in glasses are provided.
• A 36 large low level TV with freeview is provided and teletex subtitles is available.
Public WCs for Guests
• A Toilet is at the top of the 1st flight of stairs on the right.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
• Dining room can seat 24 guests at a time and can be found adjacent to the lounge.
• Large 42 Flat screen TV.
• Full English/continental/ Healthy option/ Vegetarian Breakfasts available along with fruit and herbal teas.
• We have to seated areas to the front of the property, which affords views to the front of the property and gets the sun from morning to late afternoon.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
• The large dining room, lounge bar area can be used for meeting/conference rooms.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• Bed 1 first floor Double En-suite
• Bed 2 first floor Family En-suite
• Bed 3 first floor Family En-suite
• Bed 4 first floor Double Private facility near bed 1
• Bed 5 first floor Large Family En-suite
• Bed 6 first floor Family En-suite
• Bed 7 second floor Family En-suite
• Bed 8 second floor Large Family En-suite
• Bed 9 second floor Twin Room private facilities
• Bed 10 second floor Family private facilities
• There is central heating throughout the property. The temperature of each guest bedroom is controlled by thermostatic controls on the radiators. The properties heating is controlled with a CAT 4 controller used to monitor and regulate temperature and reduce our carbon footprint.
The beds are made with all-season duvets, and the thickness is adjusted to suit the time of year. Each bedroom has a hospitality tray with tea, coffee, hot chocolate and a bottle of water.
In each room there is a hair dryer, a clock rand a combi-TV with remote control. A small video library is available for guest use.
Each room has storage space which usually consists of a wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet. Large and small mirror shaver
• Irons and ironing boards available upon request.
• There is a guest folder in each bedroom which contains further
• Mobile phone reception is generally good.
• We are totally non-smoking.
• There is a fire extinguisher in the entrance hall, outside room 3 on the 1st floor, and on the 2nd floor landing, outside room 7.
• A fire escape is located on the landing on the 2nds floor by the private facilities of room 10 and on the ground floor at the main entrance all
• We are able to use the front and rear doors should evacuation be necessary.
• The fire alarm rings continuously if evacuation is needed.
• If you need assistance in this kind of emergency (e.g. hearing impairment) please let us know on arrival and we will ensure that you
are evacuated safely.
• A small fridge can be made available for medication etc.
• A selection of local information is available in our displays in the entrance hall.
• There is a folder in each guest bedroom which gives tourist information about Southport and the surrounding area.
• Further information about The Warwick routines and emergencies is displayed on the inside of each bedroom door.
• Information of were to eat is found by the front door.
• Places were to eat for those with special dietary needs can be sourced with prior notice and information.
Address: The Warwick Southport
39 Bath Street
Telephone: 01704 530707 (answer phone with a mobile contact supplied)
Hours of operation: We open all year round except for holidays and Christmas and New Year
Emergency number: This is left at reception and on the front door if we are out.
• To see how we can accommodate better our guest who have disabilities whether it be by sight, sound or physical so as to enhance their stay with us, and make access to our services easier.
• To see if we can get grants in 2008 to replace some of the showers for ease of access and put in grab rails were appropriate.
• We plan to redecorate and put new lighting in the lounge bar areas and try to get our alcohol licence for 2008
• New signage to the front making clear who we are.Download Access Statement